Word Counter Pro allows you to check stats in six unique ways:
1. type or paste text in the
2. Choose a supported text file to the window.
3. You can have Word Counter Pro a supported text file as you edit it in another application. When Word Counter Pro is watching a text file, a window will appear in the menu bar displaying stats that will be updated as you write.
4. Use the Word Counter Pro Extension. You can use the Word Counter Pro Extension to view stats of selected text in any text editing app that support Extensions (like TextEdit).
5. Choose the "Get stats from Word Counter Pro" menu from the Services menu for selected text in practically any text editing app.
6. Select an rtf, rtfd, txt, or Docx file in Finder and tap on the “Watch in Word Counter Pro” menu item from the Services menu.